Friday, 11 August 2017

Peter and the Wolf, and other animals

The release date for Alexander Armstrong's album of animal-themed classical pieces for children with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra has now been confirmed.


Xander said:
It’s very exciting to be moving onto a narration project after having done quite a lot of narration in my role as an actor and as presenter. But also using my experience as a solo singer; I’ve had a musical side and an acting side, and I see them both as using the same sort of discipline. A sort of musicality is involved in narration, it seems like a very logical thing for me to be doing.
 To be released on Friday September 29th, the album will include Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, Ogden Nash's poems for Saint-SaĆ«ns' Carnival of the Animals, and Rawsthorne's Practical Cats. It can be pre-ordered at Amazon or all usual sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment