Friday 11 August 2017

Peter and the Wolf, and other animals

The release date for Alexander Armstrong's album of animal-themed classical pieces for children with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra has now been confirmed.


Xander said:
It’s very exciting to be moving onto a narration project after having done quite a lot of narration in my role as an actor and as presenter. But also using my experience as a solo singer; I’ve had a musical side and an acting side, and I see them both as using the same sort of discipline. A sort of musicality is involved in narration, it seems like a very logical thing for me to be doing.
 To be released on Friday September 29th, the album will include Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, Ogden Nash's poems for Saint-SaĆ«ns' Carnival of the Animals, and Rawsthorne's Practical Cats. It can be ordered at Amazon or all usual sources, or downloaded on iTunes. Alternatively you can listen to it on Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment