The place: St Paul's Cathedral
The date: 27th April
The occasion: Choristers from 60 cathedrals around the country come together to perform some of Britain's best-loved choral music
Aled will be hosting the event, and Xander will reminisce about his time as a chorister at Durham Cathedral and what it means to him personally.
The programme will include:
- Allegri’s Miserere, using the architecture of St Paul’s Cathedral to wonderful effect
- Excerpts from Britten’s Friday Afternoons and Ceremony of Carols, displaying the versatility of the nation’s young choristers
- Handel’s Zadok the Priest, which has been performed at every Coronation since that of George II in 1727
- Tippett’s Five Spirituals, drawing on a very different choral tradition
- The world premier of a specially commissioned work by Philip Stopford
- Parry’s I Was Glad, guaranteed to lift the roof off the cathedral.