Wednesday 18 October 2017

The Imitation Game picked up for series

ITV have ordered a series of The Imitation Game, a fast-moving comedy panel show based on impressions. Team captains are Rory Bremner and  Debra Stephenson, and guests will include Rob Brydon, John Thomson, Steve Coogan, and up-and-coming impressionists.


The information I've seen doesn't reveal the host's name, but the pilot was hosted by Alexander Armstrong. I was at that pilot, and he did his usual immaculate job at the helm, as well as contributing an excellent Louis Armstrong to the final sung round. The only reason I can think he wouldn't be doing the series is if he wasn't available. I hope that's not the case, and he does host. If so, ticket details in due course.

EDIT: I've now seen confirmation that Xander will be hosting. Hooray! The seven 45 minute episodes will be filmed and broadcast in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment